The series is full of moral lessons for everyone (the murders, gory and sexy scenes aside), with the most important lesson of them all:
DO NOT IGNORE ADVICE SOMEONE GIVES YOU (especially if in good faith).
And what are moral lessons without stories?
- Catelyn: "Bran, don't climb that tower." - BOOM, we know what happened.
- Catelyn: "Sansa, don't go crazy over Joffrey." - Yeap, and getting brand an idiot or useless for a good part of the show.
- Catelyn: "Ned, don't go to King's Landing." - WE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED.
- Catelyn: "Robb, you shouldn't trust Theon Greyjoy." - Yeap.
- Catelyn: "Robb, don't marry that girl." - WHYYYYYYY!! (T^T )
- Cersei: "Ned, watch out for my wrath." - Hmph.
- Baelish: "Ned, don't trust me." - As above.
- Tyrion: "Oberyn, you shouldn't drink before a fight." - ROARRRRRRRR.
SEE WHAT HAPPENED WHEN YOU DON'T HEED CERTAIN ADVICES?
Basically, this teaches you that if you ignore someone's advice, you're gonna have a bad time.
So if your Pendidikan Moral teacher teaches you to give your seat, when taking the bus/ train, to the elderly/ pregnant lady, you GIVE your seat to them... or George RR Martin will bloody kill you. That bastard.
That is all.