Monday, December 26, 2005

I don't understand...

Firstly, before i begin, its just my own opinion on the whole matter so don't go attacking me or whatsoever!!!


I was reading this Blog entry on Kennysia.com, but my main point is not on the entire entry, but rather, on one part of the entry.


Kenny said "Oh my God!" upon receiving some assignments and the girl next to him turned to him in shock and said he just swore.

Apparently, it was because, as the girl claimed, he had used "God's name in vain". She is a Good Christian Girl, and even though Kenny's not a Christian, she felt offended that Kenny had insulted her God.

Just my own slight briefing, for full story go to Kennysia.com!


Ok, freeze everything!!! REWIND (Hehehe, learned this from Princess Diaries =P!!!~)!!!

One, since when has "Oh my God" has been a foul-word or something?

Ok, if its because God's name is used in vain, but i'm no Christian, so i shouldn't be tied to it right? But as the girl claimed, she felt offended because Kenny had insulted her God, so here's MY VERY MAIN POINT...

Since when has the word, God = For Christian-use only?


I'm not going all religious and talking religiously and stuffs, but rather on word usage, as i know i can be rather "sensitive" sometimes on that matter, if i felt it is wrong etc...


For all i know, i could be saying "Oh my God" but i'm not a Christian, so i could be refering to MY GOD instead right??? I could be refering to Buddha or Kuan Ying right???

If the girl felt offended because Kenny had said "Oh my God", then should Buddhist be angry too (But no, i don't think Buddhist goes feeling offended if you said "Oh my God"... it is not an insult anyway IMO...)???

If someone had said Jesus, even though he is not a Christian and it was used in vain as the girl had claimed, then yes, he had offended her and she has every right to feel angry etc!!!


But hmm... people suddenly say "Oh my God" because of shock etc, so if thats using it in vain, then what is not using it in vain??? Confusing!!!
A long explaining follows the sentences above, but i don't want to make this entry any religious and all, so i'll keep what i think on this to myself!!!


So since the girl had said stuffs about saying the word, then the girl shouldn't even say the name "Sun Wu Kong" right??? Because Sun Wu Kong = Monkey God, so it would be saying God's name in vain too right???


Nah, imo, the girl is just over-reacted lar... but no offence, i find her quite ignorant...

To the way she said it, its as if this world exist with Christians and non-Christians only... yeah, there are Christians, and there are also Buddhist, Muslim, Hindu etc... not just as "non-Christians"... There are other religion and every religion have their own beliefs and God, if i may say so...


Anyhow, we should just tolerate lar!

I am not a Christian, so i am not expected to follow what Christians can/ cannot do right? So if my religion is ok with me saying "Oh my God", so its nothing dee right?

If we are suppose to follow the beliefs of every religion, so we should NOT drink alcoholic drinks and smoke dee right? Because Muslim don't allow it... and would men be then entitled to just one wife, or four wives?

So as i said, we respect and tolerate each other! Don't try forcing others into following what you can/ cannot do etc, end of this entry!

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=bb275a7ef194bb6f4b248bf8cfa8ff5e