Monday, December 27, 2004

The biggest earthquake!

On the 26/ 12/ 2004, the biggest earthquake in 40 years had struck Sumatera, Indonesia, causing Tsunami which hit several areas around it, and claiming ALOT of innocent lifes...

I was in Penang that very day! My mom's bro came back from Thailand to visit grandma, so mar... go back Penang lor... actually i very lazy go back one XP!!!

We stayed in Villa Mas, a condo just nearby the Penang bridge!
It was around 8am-9am like that. I slept in the living room, right next to the cabinet which has the tee-vee on top!
My mom was on the handphone, talking to my grandma. She sat on my matress, with me lying there, awake, but lazy to get up...
My eyes were closed than, i was too lazy to get up XP, when suddenly, i felt the matress shaking!
At first, i thought it was my mom (Its kinda like someone sitting on your bed and shaking their leg...), than the shake suddenly became harder. And heard the noise of the wood on the wall go "eyk eyk eyk" noise!
My mom felt the shake (And she thought it was me shaking the matress -_-"...), she stood up, felt the shake on the ground, and asked "Is it earthquake?"...
And well, being erm... me... i went "Malaysia had no earthquake!!!"... honestly...
I was still lazy to get up, when i was thinking... how if the tee-vee fell on me? I'm just next to it...
But still lazy to get up -_-"...
Than heard noises of other residents of the condo slamming shut their door and evacuating the building! So ask mom faster go wake up dad and bro, and we left the condo!
Hehe... we're the last to leave the building!!!
1- Mom not sure whats happening, and went to ask the neighbours for full confirmation!
2- Dad didn't believe its earthquake...
3- We're all blur (Hey! Its early in the morning ok?)...
There were others downstairs too, than after awhile, only we went back upstairs lor.

And at first, i didn't think it was anything serious! I just thought that maybe Indonesia has a big earthquake, so it affected us! Didn't know what was really happening at the very time...

SMSed friends, call friends... another friend, Lean Gee, who was also in Penang at the very time (Haha, actually say want to go watch movie one! But didn't =P!) said she felt it too when she was in the kopitiam!

But at night... found out and... WOW! It WAS serious!
Alot of lives were claimed... people lost their homes and all...

I cannot put myself to write dee lar! I really don't know what else more i can say etc...

Please do whatever you can to help the victims! They are in need of serious help!
Together we stand strong!

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=bb275a7ef194bb6f4b248bf8cfa8ff5e