Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Basophobia or Basiphobia

Meaning: Inability to stand. Fear of walking or falling.

Ok lar, for me it's not that serious... but apparently there isn't any phobia which is "fear of slippery floor" or just plain "fear of falling down", so unless i create one, otherwise this is the closest. I think.

Maybe it can be called Slipperysoaquaphobia. Or something. I don't know.


So anyways, i honestly don't think i'm a "clumsy person" in general. I can walk across a flat surface without falling down.
Although my balance is off sometimes, especially when i'm on an escalator (hence, sometimes i have the weirdest posture while on an escalator)... but still, not a clumsy person. And thank God for it, medical bills are expensive. Not everyone has a super hot super cute (and all other supers) vampire husband and a vampire father-in-law who also happens to be a doctor.
*Rofl at my randomness*.

That said, since the beginning of this year, i've developed a fear for slippery or wet floor, because i've fallen straight on, three-times... right on my bum, because i slipped while walking across a wet floor.
Luckily my bum is a good cushion... i shudder to think how it would hurt if its otherwise...

But nevermind the pain... the fact remains that its damn embarrassing if you fall in public!! And that happen to me TWICE!!
  • First fall - in Korea, slipped on ice in the middle of Apkujeong, fall straight on my butt, and dirtied my white winter jacket, not forgetting the wetness on my bum. Ewww.
  • Second fall - on the boat to Redang - too excited to get on the outer deck of the boat and didn't notice the slippery floor. First step outside nya, slipped and fall straight on butt, in plain sight of everyone outside.
  • Third fall - Somewhere near my house. Not very embarrassing since it's not public, but it seriously hurts!!
Ok, maybe because i also lazy go hunt for new shoes lar. All my shoes are rather old, so the soles are quite exhausted... especially my slippers which i happen to be wearing when i fall the second and third time...

But, once hurt forever remember. Even now anywhere i walk, whatever i'm wearing i'll still walk very super carefully if the floors wet!! Like slow down slow motion, and a funny posture.. you'll think i'm some grandma with shaky legs!
That time when i was playing basketball at Kota Kemuning with the guys, the floor was wet and i was seriously so afraid i would fall down, i walk super slow and kept rubbing my shoes on dry ground every time it's wet!


So yeah... clumsy or not, it has become a phobia. So yeah, don't be surprise if you see me walking like a robot or something the next time i'm on ice or wet-floor surface. I'm seriously freaked by wet floors already honestly.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=bb275a7ef194bb6f4b248bf8cfa8ff5e