Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Do i consider myself a blogger?

Or rather... should i consider myself a blogger?

I don't want to be those girls who starts a blog, put 2 pics and a few lines in it, stop updating once and for all, and considers herself a blogger. Excuse me? Girl, you don't get the title of being a "blogger" just by participating in the field. You earn it.

Or that's what i think anyways.


So a blogger or just merely someone who keeps an online journal?
Even till now, i cringe at the thought of typing the word "blogger" to describe myself at times.

Sure i have been blogging for 4 years (and missed my Blog's 4th anniversary because i totally forgot about it), and the longest "break" i ever take is probably around one week or less. I never remember taking week long or months off blogging. It has just become a part of me.

But the idea of labeling myself as a Blogger still cringes me. Yes, or no?


For starters, why i think i'm one...
  • I think about blogging most of the time.
    Considering since the time i started blogging, i would say i spend at least half of that 4 years thinking how should i blog something (the phrasing, pics, if any, etc) in my free time, and i'm not even facing the computer.
    Well, whether it made it to the "big screen", literally, remains a question for another day... but the point is, i spend a crazy amount of time thinking how to blog.

  • I blog very often.
    Not to say "bloggers" must blog very often lar... but... unless you're taking a hiatus... otherwise blogs should remain active most of the time shouldn't it?
Ok, that's all the yes i could think of..


On the other hand, why i should not...
  • I write to myself most of the time, not to an audience. I don't think i even have an audience.

  • I don't post as much pics as i would've preferred. Lazy is the word.
    Loads of pictures, nada pics.

  • Nobody understands my content.
    I can safely bet all the ice-cream in the world most of the people who visits my blog, who doesn't know me, does not even have the slightest idea what the earth i am talking about most of the time.
    I think even people who knows me, rofl!!
  • I use my own words only i myself understand.
    Because i hate using "readily-made-peribahasas" etc. Not creative.

    No, i like to recreate words and very conveniently uses it and does not tell anyone it's meaning or source.
    Example: I changed "what the hell" (which most people use) to "what the earth", because i prefer using the word "earth" or "heaven", than "hell", thus i change it. Have you noticed it?

  • Out of 13 entries, only 1 entry is about my life. 8 other is about Super Junior and HeeChul, 2 about retarded stuffs i come up with, and save the other 2 for when i emo.

    Honestly, i think i rarely never tell stories of whats happening in my life at all lor no life mar... but rather, i just write whatever i want!
Ok, brain sleeping now, can't think of any other reasons adee.
Should i add grammar and the way i phrase stuffs here too? Ok, maybe not.


So how do you measure whose a blogger or whose not?
From the amount she writes?
From the quality she produces?
For the time she wasted spent?

I actually don't have the slightest clue to my questions.

But honestly, personally, for myself, someone who is dedicated to her Blog deserves to be called a blogger.

So do i think i'm dedicated to my Blog?
Why not you tell me?


Anyways...
However you "judge" whether or not someone is a blogger... i seriously want to be more active and post up more stuffs about my life lor... like when i go out and stuffs!

I guess i have to make myself to start taking more pictures, and actually started telling stories (without being long-winded... and side-tracking), instead of always writing up something new which sprouts out in my head every other second!

But i guess i'm just like the quote from my favourite author...
"I just write what I wanted to write. I write what amuses me. It's totally for myself."
- J. K. Rowling

That's why i love her! We think alike!
I thought of something exactly like that about what i write for my Blog, even before i discovered this quote by her!
.
.
.
If only i could write a book and earn billions (from it) like her XD!!!

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=bb275a7ef194bb6f4b248bf8cfa8ff5e