Friday, September 07, 2007

All dogs go to heaven.

As of today, three dogs had left this world, and i never got the chance to know them better.

One is Denver; my friend Celine's dog, the dog who made me fell do deeply in love with Golden Retriever. You were fierce, but you never meant harm. I still remember your bark when i was leaving the house. Your way of thanking me for buying you a bone as a souvenir when i went to Japan.

Another is Julie; Amanda's dog, the dog who is so fierce to everyone, but manage to let me pat her before i manage to pull back my hand in time before she snaps. A German Shepherd.

The final one is 따봉; RyeoWook's dog, the dog who was so small and was abused, that he finally succumbed to it. A Silky Terrier.

And most unfortunate, all three dogs succumbed to sickness, though they had leave from homes who had cared for them. With the exception of 따봉 who was suspected of being abused, and then abandoned. But even so, he found love and care from SuJu's and also their staffs before he leave, didn't he? He needn't die in the animal shelter, with not knowing what is love and care.


All the time i longed for a dog, but at the same i feared for a dog too.

I know if i were to keep a dog, we would be the best of friends. However, dogs will always leave their master for heaven earlier.

I've imagined those times. And my heart cried for the dog who i had never even had, should it leave me earlier.

If i were to have a dog, what would it be like?

I remember after 19years i finally come across the closest chance of owning one, but my dream was broken into pieces. I cried for a week because of it.

I cried for a week because i couldn't keep a dog. What would happen if my dog were to leave me earlier than expected?


How would be then if my dog were to be suffering because of sickness?

Would i choose to let my dog go to sleep?

Or would i choose to stay with her till the last moment of his life?

Would it be more selfish to let my dog to sleep without his or her consent?

Or would it be more selfish to keep my dog because i couldn't bear to be apart from him?


I actually thought that you shouldn't be selfish, letting the dog suffer.

However i've read this "10 commandments" thingy list thing from Pet Safari. A list i had always read everytime i enter the shop.

I don't remember the exact sentence, but i remember most is:
As long as you are here with me, everything will be fine.

You wouldn't know what your pet one, but i believe that everyone has the chance to fight for a miracle. Even if its just a blip at the horizon.


Therefore i don't believe in putting animals to sleep anymore.

Even if they are suffering, i'll be there for them.

Although i don't know how to express the quote above well, but thats how i feel too.

As long as you are here with me.

It may not cure the sickness, but it may cure the pain of being let go, no matter how small chances are.


BoyBoy's story has thought me something.

He was suffering for so long, but he still pulled through for more than two weeks.

I don't know how he actually felt, but i actually feel that he didn't want to leave because of me. As long as i'm there to care for him, he wanted to survive.

Thats how i honestly feel.


In the end, putting to sleep is just an option that you're also selfish because you couldn't bear to let yourself suffer as well.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=bb275a7ef194bb6f4b248bf8cfa8ff5e