Saturday, September 27, 2008

Of nail polish.

Cheesie once told me, "once you go OPI, you never go back."
...
Ok, maybe not that exact sentence lar, but the meaning is something like that.

I have a fetish for doing nails - well, depend on the "season" lar, it's like a durian or rambutan season thingy - and mind, though i'm not creative with the designs, i'm rather good at sticking stuffs.
I think i should add sticking stuffs to my list of OCDness?
I love sticking stuffs, whether it's stickers, using excessive cellotape on something which actually only requires a tiny bit, and the best - POST-ITS!! Gosh, i'm so weak, you should see me when i see post-its and nice stickers, i'm happier than a Kid on Crack.

ANYWAYS...
Yeah, back to what Cheesie said. Initially i was rather skeptic. Come on lar, how good can a RM45-50 bottle of OPI be? It's still just nail-polish.
To me, in the end, you'll still remove it and all, and what if it's not nice yada yada? No point wasting so much money for nail polish. Sometimes i even cheap RM7.90 to buy the nail polish ok!

That is... until last Tuesday... i was proven so wrong.
See, it's been a long time since i've applied nail polish (Season over dee). I also lazy use the clear ones - which mom bought from NailTex for about RM50+ because apparently it strengthens nails - because it's a bit sticky, and finishing, so very susah to apply.
Some more what's the point. Being the rough er, sporty person i am, and since the word gentle is not something in my dictionary... after a few days, the surface (of the polish) tends to get loads of scratches, with some ends of the coating chipped off.
And since i'm such an OCD person, if i see the coating chip off even a bit, i get very geram and will re-do it (unless i'm lazy)... so might as well just stay away from it.

Then, mom bought a bottle of OPI nail strengthener, which i used... and wow...
THREE FREAKING DAYS... not a single scratch on the surface, nor are the coating chipped off (unless if you really force it, like when i tried to remove a key from the key ring *only* the coating came off)!! Even my toe nails, and i always wears sandals!
And mind, these days i just went about doing stuffs as usual! Sometimes when i do stuffs i'll think "aiyar, sure the coating kena scratch adee"... i didn't check immediately, but after a few hours when i did... THERE WAS NOTHING.

So seriously, what you pay is what you get, i realize. I don't know about the effect of whether or not it really does strengthen your nails (this one have to ask mom), but talking about quality coating and pure surface... WOW!!

Nah, not going to get bottles of OPI just because it's that good (too expensive and i kiamsiap), but my opinion on OPI nail polish is converted. It's really is good!


ps: But if you're worried about your nails turning yellow from the excessive polish... your nails will *still* get yellow even with OPI, unfortunately...
But apparently my aunt who uses Chanel nail polish (very cheap, RM80 or so a bottle nyah... *dies*) and frequently colours her nails, her nails still look nice. I didn't see for myself or know the frequency of her (my aunt's) use, but at least that's what my cousin sister told me, so i'm taking her word for it.

pps: Speaking of expensive nail polish, i believe my mom has a super old bottle of Christian Dior nail polish, and despite the age, it's still good as new! Though my mom rarely uses it, but seriously, not even a tinge of stickiness nor is it getting dry etc! It's as if it's a new bottle!

And uess how old the nail polish is?
.
.
.
More than 10 years.

Wow.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=bb275a7ef194bb6f4b248bf8cfa8ff5e