Sunday, September 28, 2008

Last February...

I still remember last February like it was yesterday.

On the contrary, i think i remember last February better than i remember what i did the day before.

My memory is (always) failing, but somehow, the memory of last February stood brighter than ever. Maybe not every little detail, but it still stands out compared to any other memory. I can still remember almost every detail when i was there.

It's probably the first time i wasn't homesick. Surrounded by wonderful people, especially 13 boys - if i may put it that way - with loads of different stuffs to do everyday. Places to explore everyday. New experience to try everyday. And of course, the nonstop walking to do (oh my poor leg).

I love traveling. There's just a certain lure with wandering around a busy city, which is not somewhere you grew up in, taking in the sights and sound as you explore.

I love traveling. Of course it's more fun if you have someone who you are comfortable with along with you, but nevertheless, i realised traveling alone can be fun too!

The 7-hour flight alone from Kuala Lumpur to Seoul.

The bus-ride alone from Incheon to MyeongDong where my guesthouse is.

The bloody walk alone up the bloody hill to where my guesthouse is.

With just a book filled with instructions on how to get to different places, a map, and a guide book, that's it. Oh yes, music. Never forget music. And i'm all set to explore a city so foreign which i've never ever set foot on before. A city which is purely in a language which i'm not fluent at. But nevertheless, excitement fills me instead of fear. It was an adventure.


As i look back at what i've did, i still take myself by surprise. The things i do for my 13 boys.

And yes, *for them* i realise that i can actually do a lot of things by myself, things which i would never have done if i leave it to myself to do with... i would just have deemed it impossible and move on, but yeah, *for them* i bravely took a step forward and embrace every thing which was an impossibility before and turn it into a possibility, and it all happened.

Especially the traveling alone part.
If you would've told me a year before that i'm going to travel alone to Seoul, and in winter when it's still freaking cold nonetheless, i would say you've had too much to drink coupled with the fact that you're barking mad.

But hey, i did it. I really did.
So perhaps i'm the barking mad one now?
Oh yeah, i messed up a bit. Falling sick because i didn't take care of myself properly, and the clothing part...
It was my first time traveling alone, so i didn't pack efficiently, in the sense that i didn't know what i need until the time comes.
It wasn't my first winter, but it was my first one alone. Oh yeah, a long-john which was worn for at least 10-days!! Classy alright! I cringe at the thought of it, but i needed it badly, so what the heck... luckily it's of jersey quality so it wasn't that bad!

Now i know... yeah, i need 2 pairs of long-john, if i ever do go to Korea again. In winter that is. And oh, the fact that looking good always wins over the fact of wearing the same clothes again! So yeah, the next time, pack more nice-looking clothes (which are warm at same time) too!


Oh gosh, i miss Seoul an 'effing lot.

But i guess i miss the feeling of traveling much more than the place?

It really is one of the best experience ever!

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=bb275a7ef194bb6f4b248bf8cfa8ff5e