Friday, July 25, 2008

I love musical!

Beauty and the Beast is my 2nd musical!
Thanks to my DaiSou for getting me the free ticket (and chance to meet the cast but i sacrificed that chance to spend more time at the dog show)!

I love musicals - my first one was The King and I - and it reminded me how much i love musical... despite never having watch any before =P!
I guess its part of the effects of growing up watching Disney's Classics (talk talk, sing sing sing, talk and more singing and songs) and the Sound of Music!

My favourite part is the musical's ending; where all the cast will run out to thank the audience for coming and the leads will make a grand appearance at the end! Always the best! Very touching as well! Everyone will be clapping and cheering along, and the smile on the casts face, woot!!


If i'm not wrong, i missed out the Sound of Music musical the last time they show in Malaysia thanks to my lazy butt very lazy go buy ticket, and i deeply regretted this. I almost missed Beauty and the Beast too blame the lazy butt. I'll keep The King and I and Beauty and the Beast musical experiences as a reminder to stop being so lazy before you regret watching another musical!


Anyways, my review on Beauty and the Beast.
I guess the love for the Disney's cartoon made me love the musical, despite there was lotsa "dissimilarities" and lots of "hip-shaking".
It was a little boring at the beginning, but i love the part when loads of the casts come together to sing and dance, for example "Be Our Guest", that fighting part, the ending, wow! It kept me on the edge of my seat at that time! I guess i just like big groups (^^ )!
I don't really like the non-Disney-cartoon songs they created for the musical (almost falling asleep every time they move to that part) - i understand why they need those parts - but i just don't like it. I'm too Disney-fied i guess?

Another thing i don't like is... omg, the Beast and Gaston is so bloody gay!!
Seriously, the Beast in the cartoon is manly and adorable with a cute side, this one is just pure gay! HE SQUEALED LIKE A LITTLE GIRL!! OMG OMG OMG, nightmare!!
And Gaston is so kia-lang!

I understand they are trying to add comedy to it, but i still don't like it... some parts can be modified, but some should not be modified at all.

Then they speak too fast like... WHAT???
Like the part in the cartoon, when Maurice was about to get caught to the asylum, and Belle came to the rescue; when Gaston offered to help Belle to save her father, he didn't just pop the question immediately. He actually waited a while to give a dramatic effect before replying.

But this one in the musical, Belle ask nya he immediately reply!! Like... WHAT??? They all tak sempat to finish their lines issit??
Not just that time, a few times in the musical parts which are supposed to be spoken slowly for dramatic effect are like... fast forwarded... no effect, so not really nice.


But other than that, i really like Lumiere in the musical! Very funny, good laugh and good acting! Every time he appears i'll look at him because his expression is so funny and comedic! During the ending "thank-you" part when he made his appearance, he actually got the loudest applause, cheer, cat-calling etc! I guess everybody really likes his character too!

And he and the feather duster is so cute! I like the feather duster's voice, very cute, kekeke!


Overall, if you ask me if i like it, i do like it, because i grow up watching Disney cartoons after all... so i guess the magic is there regardless of the flaws.
Though, there is lotsa parts which can be improved, well maybe to my liking only lar, but i know i would like it better if the parts i dislike is improved =)!

I can't wait for my next musical (^^ )!~

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=bb275a7ef194bb6f4b248bf8cfa8ff5e