Saturday, November 24, 2007

Never watch movies with dead animals.

Like... seriously...

I just watched Free Willy.

It was nice, with the exception that i've been bawling every 5-10minutes or so.


Just in case you didn't know, Keiko the orca, the one who starred in the first Free Willy movie, has actually passed away on Dec 12 2003.

Being a big animal lover with a very deep affection with marine animals especially (always relate Dolphins, daulphins and Great Whites to me), and having watched this documentary on Keiko before, which was really touching and wonderful btw, i was really sad when i heard the news she died.

So yeah, especially emotional when i watched this movie.

I keep on thinking on why such a beautiful whale would have to die so young (she died at 27 years-old; very old age for a captive whale, but young for a wild whale), why do animals have to live in captivity, WHY THE FREAKING HELL ARE WE SO CRUEL TO ANIMALS... and all those controversial and contradicting thoughts going on in my head.

Really a lot.
If i were to list it down, it would scare the daylights of everyone.


See, i enjoy going to zoos and marine parks and all, but i don't like it when i see the animals being mistreated in there.
I do have a thought of boycotting animal parks, but i do enjoy seeing animals up close, and whats with this and that... so all has become very contradicting and all...

It sucks being me.
I always feel so helpless when i go to those animal parks and see all those animals being mistreated, whether intentionally or unintentionally, moreover the fact that i'm actually contributing to the mistreatment.

Seriously, all these animal-conservation-stuffs matters a lot to me.
If you don't understand, its ok. I never expect anyone would understand really.

But never laugh, because its a serious matter to me.
Laughing would be very insulting to me, and you won't like it when i curse, like, seriously... you never want me to curse you. Trust me.


Oh and this...
I make it my life-mission to discourage people around me to stop eating Shark's Fin Soup.
Not just because they don't like it or any other reason, but more like if i a bowl in placed in front of them, they would decline and all.

I started since like what, 2002-2003?

I had never even managed to convince anyone, NOT EVEN ONE, to stop eating Shark's Fin Soup.

Freaking sad can.
Not me, everyone else. So cruel can anot?

And i've only met ONE other person who also don't eats Shark's Fin Soup due to compassion.

And we call animals heartless.

PFFT!


Oh yah, despite its name, killer whales actually belong to the dolphin family.
Now you know!

Gosh, why didn't i go study to be a marine biologist?


And never mess with me when i'm in a conservation-mood.

Plus due to the fact i'm currently tired and lack of sleep, NOT a good combination.

I shall go sleep now. BAH!!~

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=bb275a7ef194bb6f4b248bf8cfa8ff5e